Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp right side headache of one or two seconds
dogwithbrains2 posted:
Hi. Yes, lately I've been getting very sudden [one or two second> sharp pains mostly on my right side of my head about half way to the top of my head above the ear.. I attribute them to either stress or a jaw or eye or neck pain or maybe even dryness in my sinuses. There might be other reasons I am not aware of such as stress or teeth aches. I have not ever had headaches lasting longer that one or two seconds and have rarely had any headaches in my life of any severity. They seem to be in a very localized area and not spread out. It takes about as long as I can say ,"Ouch!" and then they are gone. It occurs maybe only once or twice in a day and then not again for several days or even the next week. I live in Tucson so I am thinking it is caused by the dryness in the air. I do get neck tension so that might might be it. John

jules1202 responded:
I would go in and get that checked. If it were something that just happened once I wouldn't worry but since it has happened repeatedly it sounds like your body is trying to tell you something. It could be neck related or a number of other things but I would definitely go in to the doctor.

jules1202 replied to jules1202's response:
Found this article for you that might be helpful. http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/types-of-headaches-35919-5.html

flappysgirl responded:
Do you grind or clinch your teeth? I do, and I was having the same type pains, but they began to get worse and longer. Three doctors/dentists confirmed that I have major TMJ issues causing the headaches.

mariajohnson responded:
There might be several reasons for sharp headaches. Here is the site that can help you with your problem.
http://www.md-health.com/Sharp-Pain-In-Left-Side-Of-Head.html

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center