Skip to content
Migraine and dizzyness help please
yendor28 posted:
Hi,

I am a 33 yr old very fit male. For the last 10 years I remember getting a dizzy feeling when I put my head back (eg. lying down on a pillow when my head tilts back beyond flat.

No problem although the last 4-6 months I have been having increasingly worse headaches. At first it would be an afternoon. Now it is everyday and I cannot do anything they are so bad. I just have to lie down exhausted and in pain.

My doctor thought it could be a sinus infection caused by my deviated septum so I just had septoplasty 3 weeks ago. This definitely helped my breathing although the headaches are still here. Frustratingly the doctor says maybe neck related or stress related.

So I will manage my stress (although this headache stress me out ha ha) and see the physio/chiro for my neck although is there anything else I should do?

I am freaking out as this has happened so quickly. I cannot work or study.

thank you

malinirao13 responded:
Hi,
I am so sorry you're going through this - I do think it is a cervical neck issue. Please go to a physiotherapist and get it checked out.

yendor28 replied to malinirao13's response:
Thank you - why do you think that?

I have made a physio appointment for tomorrow (the earliest they had).

thank you

yendor28 replied to yendor28's response:
Hi,
So 3 weeks later and the migraines are so much worse that they are now waking me up at night even when I take nurofen.

I have gone to the physio 1-2 times a week since, received massages for my neck, acupuncture all over and it continues to get worse.

I got really frightened last week thinking perhaps a brain tumour then my friends said no way - not a brain tumour. I went to the doctor who suggested an MRI after checking my neck. He believes my neck to be fine.

So what should I do? My friends say the MRI is a waste of time and money yet I am really frightened.

Thoughts appreciated.

thank you

yendor28 replied to yendor28's response:
Hi,

I also note that it is much worse in the mornings after I am in bed. (In bed about 12 hours as I do not sleep well as the migraine now wakes me up).

ginpene replied to yendor28's response:
I think that if you can afford it that the MRI is always a good idea, just to rule out something structural in your head. It would be a tragedy to miss something specific like that causing the migraines. Good luck. gp

yendor28 replied to ginpene's response:

hi,

long story short. I argued with my gp as I wanted an MRI but he refused. After 40 minutes I got valium for anxiety and a CT scan so I would go away. Had the scan in the morning, admitted for emergency brain surgery in the afternoon. Brain surgeon said I had hours to live but for surgery. A month later and I am being called a miracle. a (fortunately) benign tumour larger than an orange removed and I am learning to walk again. I am alive though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to those who responded.

ginpene replied to yendor28's response:
Wow. I am so glad that you 're we'll. Good luck. gp

rosielou replied to yendor28's response:
Good for you for insisting on more treatment! I'm so happy to hear of the good outcome from a frightening diagnosis. Best of luck with your therapy and future -83D-E04

Rose

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center