Migraine and dizzyness help please
yendor28 posted:
Hi,

I am a 33 yr old very fit male. For the last 10 years I remember getting a dizzy feeling when I put my head back (eg. lying down on a pillow when my head tilts back beyond flat.

No problem although the last 4-6 months I have been having increasingly worse headaches. At first it would be an afternoon. Now it is everyday and I cannot do anything they are so bad. I just have to lie down exhausted and in pain.

My doctor thought it could be a sinus infection caused by my deviated septum so I just had septoplasty 3 weeks ago. This definitely helped my breathing although the headaches are still here. Frustratingly the doctor says maybe neck related or stress related.

So I will manage my stress (although this headache stress me out ha ha) and see the physio/chiro for my neck although is there anything else I should do?

I am freaking out as this has happened so quickly. I cannot work or study.

thank you

malinirao13 responded:
Hi,
I am so sorry you're going through this - I do think it is a cervical neck issue. Please go to a physiotherapist and get it checked out.

yendor28 replied to malinirao13's response:
Thank you - why do you think that?

I have made a physio appointment for tomorrow (the earliest they had).

thank you

yendor28 replied to yendor28's response:
Hi,
So 3 weeks later and the migraines are so much worse that they are now waking me up at night even when I take nurofen.

I have gone to the physio 1-2 times a week since, received massages for my neck, acupuncture all over and it continues to get worse.

I got really frightened last week thinking perhaps a brain tumour then my friends said no way - not a brain tumour. I went to the doctor who suggested an MRI after checking my neck. He believes my neck to be fine.

So what should I do? My friends say the MRI is a waste of time and money yet I am really frightened.

Thoughts appreciated.

thank you

yendor28 replied to yendor28's response:
Hi,

I also note that it is much worse in the mornings after I am in bed. (In bed about 12 hours as I do not sleep well as the migraine now wakes me up).

ginpene replied to yendor28's response:
I think that if you can afford it that the MRI is always a good idea, just to rule out something structural in your head. It would be a tragedy to miss something specific like that causing the migraines. Good luck. gp

yendor28 replied to ginpene's response:

hi,

long story short. I argued with my gp as I wanted an MRI but he refused. After 40 minutes I got valium for anxiety and a CT scan so I would go away. Had the scan in the morning, admitted for emergency brain surgery in the afternoon. Brain surgeon said I had hours to live but for surgery. A month later and I am being called a miracle. a (fortunately) benign tumour larger than an orange removed and I am learning to walk again. I am alive though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to those who responded.

ginpene replied to yendor28's response:
Wow. I am so glad that you 're we'll. Good luck. gp

rosielou replied to yendor28's response:
Good for you for insisting on more treatment! I'm so happy to hear of the good outcome from a frightening diagnosis. Best of luck with your therapy and future -83D-E04

Rose