Skip to content
24/7 Tight head or pressure
litajay posted:
Im 23 female and Im facing Tight head pressure and pressure behind my eyes, weird unreal like vision. from 5 months now. Its constant 24/7..I sleep with it and wake up with it.. I took panadol without any relief.. its like the pressure is stucked and theres no way out... what it could be?.. plzzzzz rpy

eckozak responded:
have you been to the dr? Try keeping a journal of EVERYTHING from what time you wake up to what you eat and drink throughout the day. also, rate your headaches/migraines on a scale of 1 to 10 in your journal. You'd be really surprised to find that there are a lot of foods that trigger migraines or headaches! red meat, dairy, caffeine, chocolate, etc.

litajay replied to eckozak's response:
Yes My doc had my x-ray done of sinuses.. which showed Thick mucus in frontal sinus.. and prescribed me an anti allergy zyrtec for 2 months.. Its been a month now but symptoms persists.. My head is making me like out of this world... cant concentrate.. its like my head is clogged with tight pressure 24/7. Which even cant let me sleep with peace..

rosielou replied to litajay's response:
Hi litajay,

Have you tried a gentle sinus wash using a neti pot? There are some good instructions online, and you can probably get help from a friend or a natural goods store. I had something similar to you, and a few days of using the neti pot helped clear it up. Please consider trying it.

Rose

rosielou replied to rosielou's response:
Another thought, if you've had mucus blocking sinuses for that long, perhaps an infection has developed. If the Zyrtec hasn't helped relieve the pain by now, go back to the doctor and ask about an infection.

And then back to my first suggestion, the sinus wash is good for that, also.

Rose.

litajay replied to rosielou's response:
Thank u soo much.. will definately try this neti pot.. and I hope it makes me feel better...

litajay replied to litajay's response:
Btw My doc said its not to worry about the mucus thing untill an unless there is pain also.. I dont have pain in my sinuses.. but there is definately some mucus in my nose because whenever I Lay Down I can feel my either side of nostrils blocked.....and about Head its like tight head pressure all over my head.. Its like something is holding my head tight and no releasing, I even massage my neck but no relief..

rosielou replied to litajay's response:
Okay good then that's been discussed. I hope the neti pot helps.

If it still bothers you then next I'd say would be a gentle massage from someone experienced with head and neck issues. It sounds like you might possibly have some spasming there, plus it could help with the sinuses. And what's the worst that could happen, with the right person it will probably be mmm nice!

I hope this thing hasn't become a focus of your day. Please don't let it become too important.

Rose.

litajay replied to rosielou's response:
Hey Thank u for your answers and for ure suggestions.. I just forgot to mention this that I started having this kind a feeling right after my D&C..I had a misscarriage which was really depressing for me.. and when I woke up after my d&c thing..I was like this.. it felt like I was not the same anymore... but everyone kept me telling that there is nothing to do with the anesthesia, the feelings you are going through...it doesnt have any concern with it and these are all because of your weakn .... so I remained silent and I convinced myself that the symptoms will go away with time..

litajay replied to litajay's response:
But now its like 6 months..my symptoms persists... they are not going away... I've even searched for my kinda feeling it says anxiety and depression.. But I have never ever felt like this before... This feeling is strange to me like unexplainable...

jules1202 replied to litajay's response:
At this point I would go visit a neurologist. Six months is a long time to suffer. The fact that you are having head pain and vision issues is concerning. Why did they decide the issue was connected with the sinus congestion (with the vision symtom, that doesn't line up all the way??)
Hugs to you as I am very sorry for your loss from the miscarriage.

jules1202 replied to jules1202's response:
Let me add that yes anxiety and depression can cause some nasty symptoms that can last a while also. Either way (whether the problem is caused by anxiety or something else) - 6 months is too long to suffer alone! Its time to get some help and knock out this problem!

Have you considered some counseling (local or through your church?) to help with grieving and stress?

If it were me I would take a one/two approach and tackle both angles (neurologist and some counseling to help -never hurts to use all the available resources when in pain).

rosielou replied to jules1202's response:
Hi Litajay,

Jules is right, I wasn't seeing that this has been going on for that long. You deserve to feel better by now and it's time for better medical help.

The anesthesia could have triggered the whole mess, and the sad time you've been through could have extended and exacerbated it.

Please follow Jules' advice and get an appointment with a neurologist, and a counselor. Many of us have been through a miscarriage, its impact on your life shouldn't be minimized.

Rose

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center