Skip to content
Really scared!
janocera posted:
I have had a dull headache that travels along the front of my head for 4 days no other symptoms. CT scan was negative with no other symptoms present. Pain seems to ease when I am sleeping as when I wake up in the middle of the night it is next to nothing. When I get started in my day the pain comes back at a 3-5 pain scale level. Dr. does not think this is a bleed and believes it is stress related. Any thoughts as I am very worried.

meaningfulc1952 responded:
Hi janocera,

Just because your CT scan was normal does not mean that you do not have a real headache problem. I have had tension and migraine headaches since I was a teenager. I am now in my early 60's. Have you seen a neurologist? If you have not then I would recommend that you do.

My neurologist prescribes fioricet w/codeine and summatriptan and Phenergan. The summatriptan is for migraines and the fioricet w/codeine is for the tension headaches.

Some neurologists that I have seen in the past do not want to prescribe the medicines that I take. If that is a problem for you then I would keep on trying to find a neurologist that will be more helpful for your headache problems. There are many different medications available now to help with tension and migraine headaches.
Do not give up, just find a better dr.

Meaningfulc1952

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center