Skip to content
Perfume Poison
Adviceneeded97377 posted:
Is there a relationship between obnoxious smelling perfumes like Obsession and migraines?

meaningfulc1952 responded:
Hi Adviceneeded97377,
I have the same problem with certain perfumes. The perfumes that are very strong will give me horrible headaches that often leads to a migraine. Now that I have figured that out I avoid wearing those particular perfumes.

There is a definite link between perfumes and migraine headaches. You should try not wearing any perfume and see what is the outcome. If that does not help then it must be another trigger than causes your migraines.

Good Luck,
meaningfulc1952

sgbl88 responded:
I call them toxic clouds.
Yes, fragrance can trigger migraines and asthma as well as some other odd reactions. I wish people would research what is in fragrances. They would stop using them if they knew how truly toxic they are.

familydogs responded:
Oh yes, I believe there is a connection! I cannot be around strong perfumes such as Red Door, even though I used to wear it in the past. Just one sniff of it on someone else causes me to get a Migraine. And some of men's colognes do the same thing to me. And smells like paint and new-laid asphalt cause me problems as well.

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center