Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bad headache when lifting weight
eodoutlaw posted:
I am 22 years old and started getting headaches about one month ago that start at my upper neck/back of the head and radiate/throb forward. It only happens when I am doing something strenuous i.e. weight lifting at gym, running sprints, doing alot of pushups, etc... It happens every time I do these activities and now the headaches are getting so bad that i dont want to move and things get blurry. they are lasting much longer, the intensity decreases but a dull throbbing in the back of the head continues to last for about an hour. any suggestions on causes or remedies would be appreciated or if i should just go see a doctor. Thanks.

On a seperate note could someone suggest where i should post these other symptoms i have been having for a long time..

symptoms: hand tremors even at rest, muscle weakness, inability to gain weight, fatigue, memory/concentration problems, dull pain in calf, bad posture

thanks in advance

susiemargaret responded:
hello --

your headaches sound very worrisome to me, especially because they seem to be getting worse in their effects and more severe in pain. if it were me, i would consider discontinuing my exercise program until i had a chance to see a doctor, and i would try to see a doctor as soon as i could.

-- susie margaret

susiemargaret responded:
hello again --

with respect to your other symptoms, you might want to post on the neurological disorders support group board -- boards.webmd.com/webx/topics/hd/Brain-and-Nervous-System/Neurological-Disorders-Support-Group. i suggest this primarily because of the hand tremor you listed.

however, i'm not sure where else to recommend for your other symptoms.

-- susie margaret

lisahauer09 responded:
It sounds to me like it could be a neck and back problem leading to headaches. However heavy excercise is a common trigger for people with headaches. The hand tremor could be beginnings of parkinson's disease. Some of your other symptoms could be from spine problems also.

However, you do need to see a dr as the first poster suggested because they could be signs of a number of conditions.

Helpful Tips

Soda for Sinuses
I know this sounds crazy but I swear by a can of Coca-Cola whenever my sinus headaches flare. Gives me a long for medicine to kick into ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center