Skip to content
Any tricks for surviving the changing season?
penguie posted:
So for some reason I always find that my migraines increase during the transition from winter to spring. I am feeling rather lost as to how to cope since I am away from my family doc training in MRI and have no doc here to consult with without either spending time waiting in emerg or hoping the doctor actually arrives at the after hours clinic (which are never after hours ) I take a preventative, verapamil, daily which has been helpful but as I said I am taking a beating this season and have already had 2 severe migraiens this week I am strict with my diet and try to avoid additive, nitrates, sulfates and all that jazz as well as MSG. I have found that soy is also a trigger but that is hard to avoid totally it seems. Especially being in a town limited for organic and natural choices and being limited by my lack of income since I am paying to work full time (oops I mean train )

So I was hoping someone around here might have some ideas or thoughts about things that they do to cope with seasonal change and migraine flare-ups. I am just thankful that while at work I spend my time in dimmed lights though there is no escaping the constant background noise of the MR unit

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center