Includes Expert Content
30 Second Dibilitating Migraine
Elokt posted:
Every few months I get this throbbing pain on either side of my head. It honestly feels like something is stuck and then it breaks through. It only lasts for 30 seconds at the most, but it's extremely painful. It brings water to my eyes it hurts so badly. Once it's :broke through", I can't even tell that anything has happened. WHAT IS GOING ON?? Is it serious or can I live with it? Any help would be great!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Elokt and welcome to WebMD,

Have you seen a medical provider about this? That should be your first step. How many years has this been going on?

Elokt replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I've had it for a few years, and have never asked a doctor about it. I don't have a family doctor and the only other doctor I go to is the gynecologist and I don't think they could do much, so I'm not sure who to go to for it!

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD replied to Elokt's response:
You should talk with your doctor about this, they can at least refer you to a neurologist to have this evaluated.

melhallblade34 responded:
I work at an ob/gyn and feel every one (male or female) should have a Primary care physician in addition to an ob gyn. You need someone you go see when you have issues that are not gyn related, and more then a minute clinic type of provider. I started with my PCP when my migranes got worse, she recommened a nuerologist. And speaking from experiance your gyno is not gonna want to see you for strep throat or the flu.