Skip to content
so peeved off with my headaches
penguie posted:
Been out of it now for over 24hrs and still feeling like crap. I am seriously considering becoming acitively symptomatic again with anorexia since I had fewer migraines then than I do now. Perhaps I a really meant to live on celery carrots, water, chicken breast and coffee only. heck even then I looked better not being as hideously chunky and depressed, blah! Even when puking daily it was better than now I just do not understand. They say that eating disorders are unhealthy but soemhow I think the opposite may be true in my case when one considers the mgiraines and asthma. Nothing is touching this bugger today so I am thinking of knocking myself unconscious with a concerte wall :(

samm1987 responded:
Well that sounds really stupid if I may say so. It sounds like your just venting, which is good. But you need to watch what your saying on these boards. I don't know your entire story so i don't really know what to tell you. I have had a headache for over 6 months now and have been hospitalized for it several times so I know how crappy things can get. I was told over and over again that there was nothing wrong with my and that it was just chronic headaches. I knew that wasn't it and none of the meds worked so i kept searching for someone who could help me and know i have an actual diagnosis and am getting ready to have surgery. So my advice is to keep searching for some answers if you aren't satisfied with the ones you have now, meditation which i know sounds lame but has helped me a lot, and for some reason advil migraine, I have been on countless numbers of migraine and pain meds, but when it comes to a nasty headache that is what has always worked the best for me. Hope this helps, don't mean to pry but as someone who has had an eating disorder going back is never a good idea.

hainesbeach responded:
Oh, come on. You are going to be alright. Life is full of bumps that make you want to throw in (or in your case, throw up) the towel. Please remember something you already know. Migraine will not kill you. Anorexia will. The way you feel right now, even three days after you were ready to quit healthy eating habits, will pass. Hang in. Who's that cute thing in your photo? Looks like someone who deserves having you healthy.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Penguie,

I hope the tough love shared here helps you understand that what you're contemplating isn't wise.

Everyone here (including me) has been where you are now and know how frustrating it can be to constantly have a headache or pain of any kind.

Please keep pursuing answers with your doctors, keep yourself hydrated and keep eating. Your food choices are okay.... just keep them up and perhaps add more variety. And throwing up, nope, won't help in the long run.

Hang in there, Penguie. (((hugs))) How are you doing today?

Helpful Tips

Migraines
laying down in a dark room always helps me. More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center