Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Mild Pain near left temple
jdes656 posted:
I have had almost constant pain near my left temple for the past 10 days. It started out as what I thought of as the beginning of a normal headache. But, it never got worse, I took ibuprofen and it went away like all my headaches usually do. Then it came back about mid morning the next day I took some more ibuprofen and it went away again. I have now been on this cycle for the past 10 days or so and I am wondering if there may be any other causes of this pain. It reacts to ibuprofen like a regular headache but it is dull never sharp pain it only gets stronger if I do serious strenuous activity or if I stand up very quickly. I have tried to let it resolve itself and only medicate with ibuprofen when I can no longer stand the dull ache. I have been under additional stress at work but nothing too serious. And it doesn't seem to be related to my eyes being strained or to my sinuses. I was hoping someone with a similar experience or a doctor could give me insight I know I need to go to a doctor but I have not found a GP yet as I have recently moved. My mother has had migraines for as long as I can remember and I myself have had headaches as well but never for this long a period of time and as consistent and never with just this dull ache. Normally my headaches or migraines are much sharper pain and I can tell what is going on / causing them. They haven't affected my sleep. And I have been drinking plenty of water and the only change in my diet is eating more fresh fruits and vegtables in the place of chips and other snacks. Would hate to think eating healthier could cause headaches.

whitebear4 responded:
I would definitly get a dr as soon as possible and don't take anymore Iburofen because that will make it worse by giving you rebound headaches.

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
New onset headaches like yours are pretty unusual, If you are still having headaches like this you really should talk with your Dr. about this.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center