Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Migraines
KristenAMeyers posted:
I am a 39 year old female,not pregnant or currently on any regular medications(OTC or prescribed)and have been suffering from migraine headaches for the past 3 months.I have been seen in the local ER's 6 times in the last 90days for these migraines.I noticed during the first migraine(Feb14th2010)2 marble-sized lumps just at the base of my hairline on my right hand side neck area,which my emergency-clinic physician informed me are some of my lymph-glands,ever since the first headache.They fluctuate in size,and have No pain associated with them whatsoever.I have gone through a series of bloodtests,which all reort as normal.and have undergone 2 Caat scans,which also were normal...The headaches seem to be getting more frequent,and Imitrex has been prescribed for me to take at the early signs of a migraine.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.(My Dr.has ruled out Lymphoma.Lupus.TB.)

whitebear4 responded:
You should get on a prevenattive med for now, and have your dr monitor the lumps.

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
I agree, you sound like you need a preventative medication. The CT scans are very good at finding tumors.

There are other medications besides Imitrex as well, so if that is not working, ask for something else.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center