Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Continous Migraines
Laura0711 posted:
Hi, I hope someone can help me because I have had pretty much daily headaches for the past month. They get worse when a low pressure system moves in to the area. I take Topamax every night and Epidrin when I'm starting to have a headache. I also take Tyneol arthitis. I have been waking up with them and my meds aren't helping. Any advice would be welcomed.

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
if you have been on topamax (100 mg/day) for over 4 weeks and still have daily headaches, you need to tell you doctor that it isn't working, and try another prevention medication. You might want to look at the list of prevention medications in the tips section, and talk with your doctor about any of these you haven't tried yet.

carpetcrawler5 responded:
You may need to go up on your dose of Topamax, but assuming it isn't helping by now, I couldn't say whether that would work out. Some people take 200 mgs.

Don't take anymore Epidrin or Tylenol as they can give you rebound headaches, and you could be experiencing them now and need to break the cycle. Meaning you would be getting rebounds and that could be why you still have a headache.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center