Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Hey all, ever had daily migrianes?
melhallblade34 posted:
I am really frustrated and very tired.I have had migraines off and on since I was 18, but the medications worked and they were infrequent. Two years ago they started getting worse, a year and a half ago the imtrix quit working. So I started taking zomig and amitryptiline, and seeing a nuero. about a month and a half ago I had a really bad sinus infection, I thought it was gone and 24 days ago I had a really bad migraine, and have had one everyday since. I have developed a ulcer in my sinuses, but I think that is going away. Now these migraines have come everyday, with and without aura, my zomig and midrin work for a few hours but then wear off. I have done predzone with no luck, had two infusions, that wore off, and found out I have an allergy to dhe45. MRI was normal, and I was informed by my supervisor today that my fmla was worded wrong, so I may lose my job, because I haven't been able to work for the last 8 days. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Melissa

DUKE MEDICINE
Timothy Collins, MD responded:
It doesn't sound like they have used any other medications for long term prevention (other than amitriptyline). You should talk with your doctor about other prevention medications----you can look up a list of prevention medications in the Tips section to the right of the discussion list.

melhallblade34 replied to Timothy Collins, MD's response:
Thanks for the reply. My neuro has switched me to topamax but it will take a few weeks to kick in. Guess I will just have to deal until then.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center