Skip to content
Migraine study seeks volunteer couples/spouses
lobograd posted:
Research Participants (volunteer couples) needed for Migraine Impact study.

My name is Karen Bacher and I am a PhD student working under the supervision of Dr. Virginia Shipman, Professor, from the Family Studies Program in the College of Education, IFCE Department, at University of New Mexico. The reason that I am contacting you is that we are conducting a study entitled "Migraine headache: A family affair," and are currently seeking volunteer couples to participant in this study. The study seeks to explore the impact of migraine headaches on spouses/partners of patients with migraine headaches. We are seeking married or cohabitating heterosexual couples in which the female experiences chronic migraine and the male is migraine free.
Participation in this study involves completing an on-line survey. Both patient and partner complete their own version of the on-line survey at their own individual convenience. Participation in this study would take approximately 45 minutes per person. I would like to assure you that the study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through the UNM Internal Review Board.
I hope that you will share this invitation for participation with your members/patients/ friends/family members with migraine. Couples interested in participating may contact me at I will then reply with a more detailed description of the study, full eligibility criteria, benefits of participation and the link to which participants can access the survey on-line. Thank you so much for your consideration and support.
Karen Bacher
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 69 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center