Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    crippling headaches!
    foxicity2013 posted:
    Hello there! My fiance suffers from crippling headaches on the right side of his face, especially prevalent during a physical activity, whether it be mild or intense. We have tried the hot water running in the bathroom and just breathing deeply thru the nose method, pain relievers, among other methods but we just cant find something that works for him. I think it may be a sinus infection due to the fact that when he was younger he had a CT scan and it reviled he had 4 cysts in his right sinus. I dont know the details but the doctors just keep throwing pills at him without a second glance. Should we be worried? should we find a 3 or 4th opinion? is there a type of doctor that specializes in this field? if so should i just ask for a recommendation or referral? any advice will help! Thanks for your feedback it is much appreciated.
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful
    rosielou responded:
    I haven't heard of your hot water in the bathroom or breathing deeply through the nose methods, learn something new every day!

    What diagnosis has he been getting from the doctors? And what kind pills are they 'throwing' at him? A little more detail would give us something to work with. (Results of an old CT scan might not be applicable to this situation, the cysts may have resolved by now.)

    There are neurologists who specialize in headaches. If he hasn't seen one, that would be a good place to go. If he is interested in pursuing this more, then a nearby teaching hospital or his PCP can provide references.

    Helpful Tips

    Supplements for headachesExpert
    A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    53 of 70 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center