Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    MS in Trinidad and Tobago?
    Cindy_Ra posted:
    Ok, so I'm going to try and start a support group in T&T. If you're from here know someone with MS, have been diagnosed with MS, let's start talking.

    There's no need to divulge any details about yourself. I'd just like to know about neurologists here, treatments AND most impo we can be there to support one another!!!!!

    I'm getiing better and better at positive thinking
    Vashram responded:
    Hi, i was recently diagnosed with MS and it would be comforting to know of persons in Trinidad with the disease. I still have to see a neuro-physicist, Dr Aleong in POS whom my eye specialist referred me too. It would be helpful to know of any other
    TriniCupid responded:
    Hi. Let me know how you progress.
    My dad has been diagnosed with MS
    ydnew68 replied to TriniCupid's response:
    Hi... my 21 year old son was diagnosed with MS 5 years ago... It's real challenging ... the cost of the medication is quite exorbitant and we cannot afford it... please let's share info on how you all cope.
    seashells_1 replied to Vashram's response:
    Hi do you have a contact number to set up an appointment with Dr. Aleong?
    muhaajir replied to ydnew68's response:
    Hello,I'm new to this site. I have been diagnosed with ms four years ago. I would really like to help. I get the med. free at the hospital.I would like to know if you are or do you see yourself & your son as positive people?
    muhaajir replied to Vashram's response:
    Hello,I'm new to this site. Did you get through? I was dia. Four years ago & I'm seeing dr. Esack @mt.hope hospital.
    ydnew68 replied to muhaajir's response:
    Well I just got a referral from my son's neurologist to join Dr, Esack's Clinic at Mt Hope. We haven't had an appointment date yet. Im waiting for them to call. Anyways, you indicated that you get the medication for free. My son has remitting/relapsing form of MS and was prescribed Avonex... what do you use and what form of MS were you diagnosed with? Blessings
    muhaajir111 replied to ydnew68's response:
    Sorry for the very late reply. Did you get through? I was diagnosed with the same type, after staying a few times in the hospital,it now looks like a different type of MS.I think it's called Relapse Progressive MS. My medication is betaferon,obtained at the pharmacy in Mt.Hope.By the way,how's your son?
    muhaajir111 replied to muhaajir111's response:
    Ps,I think you need to be in the clinic to get the med.
    muhaajir111 responded:
    Good day,there are some people who want to launch a MS society in January. Do you know of anymore people with this condition?
    muhaajir111 responded:
    Hello,I also have MS,can I have a contact number for you?

    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    the walking drug, ampyra
    was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    52 of 63 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.