Skip to content
Hobbies
behap2day posted:
anybody else just INCREDIBLY bored sitting around the house? need some hobby ideas - that require very little skill,,,

cjpatterson responded:
Hi Lynn! Right now, my favorite hobby is sleeping!! But really, what all are you interested in? I sometimes get to work on my embroidery and I'm hoping I'll still be able to do some crocheting. CJ

mmthlvr responded:
I used to cross stitch but it got to the point I made so many mistakes that I haven' t even attempted it in about 8mos. I have no idea what to do, I'm glad you posted this. Maybe you'll get some replys. Tammy

behap2day responded:
hey cj! what am i interested in?? depends on what ailment i'm experiencing that day. i was thinking about the crochet thing,,,,depends on the eyes, i guess. not sure it's ms related or the 40 plus year old eyes :smile:

cjpatterson responded:
I'm hoping that I'll still be able to do all of those hobbies, since I am legally blind in my left eye and it's moving all to my right now. I can't even think of anything else. But if I do, I'll keep you posted!

CarolineV9T6R9 responded:
Hello Lynn, You know what I like to do now ......crosswords. I don't do the hard ones...just the silly easy ones. I like the hollywood magazines the best. They're easy and mostly about movie stars or movies and music. Stuff I like to just lose myself in....just silly...but fun. Ohhh....and it's good for our MS brains to do crossword puzzles. So there's my idea! :goofy: :pbpt: Hugs! Caroline :lightsmile: :smile:

snick440 responded:
Hi Lynn Knitting is fun, sewing, my favorite is genealogy. I've been working on my family tree for over 20 years, can do a lot on the internet now. Jane

AL0728 responded:
Hi Lynn, I was like you, I was looking for a hobby a few years ago. I do still work full time, but my off time was getting pretty boring. I took a pottery class a a local university, not college credit class, but a class offered to the community and geared towards adults. I have found the time working with the clay to be very relaxing and helps me forget some of my symptoms. I also picked up painting. I just got some supplies from our local hobby store and started on my own. We have a Hobby Lobby, they have incredible ideas of things to do, just walk thru and look at everything. I have also written some. I started this before my Dx though. But I still write a little when the mood hits. Try different things until you find the one that catches your interest. Hope this helps. AL

snoopy920 responded:
Lynn I do stained glass. I make all kinds of stuff.Started long before I got dx'd. You can do alot of it sitting down. I find it very relaxing. I also got a kiln so I can also make fused glass jewelry. I occasionally sell some too, so I can make a little money on the side to help support my hobby! Angela

girlyfriend responded:
FREE CELL ! just one step up( skill-wise) from solitaire(should be under 'games' ) on your computer. i know it sounds like a mind-less time killer, but i have found it's a way to help keep sharp. it has helped my recall stay relatively stable. i put it on when i've go the t.v. on for background noise. my hubby goes to bed @ 9(up @4, ugh!) and i'm up til 1. i have found with my hobbies that by the time i get the stuff needed to do'em, i need a nap.

hippygrl responded:
Hi Lynn, I had that problem. It is so annoying, especially when you have cleaned everything that could possibly be cleaned, and I don't drive anymore. So I had a few of the women my hubby worked with come over and show me how to knit and crochet. I can't learn by looking at directions online. I learn by being showed and doing at the same time. I also have an electronic solitaire game I play when I can't knit anymore b/c of my hands. My hands tend to cramp and I think I am getting arthritis in them. I also like to bake but you can only do that so much until someone tells you they are getting too fat. My hubby has been complaining that he is becoming my "chubby hubby"!! :eyeroll: :sillygrin: Jennifer :smile:

playnice01 responded:
I write. Short stories, poems, haiku, medical info stuff.....you name it, I try it. Also, I like to use rubber stamp art projects, for cards, etc. the way of the written word is becoming extinct with al gore's invention of the internet! My soldier in Iraq loves mail call, so she gets a chitty chatty nothing- special letter, snail mail, once per week. She said sometimes she gets 2 or 4 at a time, so it is like finding gold for her. We email everyday, except when she is on patrol, and then I worry. But to open my email and hear from her, someone whom I don't know, but who is thankful for my time, is a great ego-booster. "Nothing gets you out of your pity party (or boredom) faster than helping someone else out of theirs". And silly as it may seem, I bought a japanese sand garden....a little box with rake and stones, some tiny bonsai-like figurines, and when I find myself bored or overwhelmed with it all, I push and pull my tiny rake around and make my own sand castles....therapeutic and not messy at all. In between, I breathe........ flapkat

bignona responded:
Hey Lynn, I love bird watching. My G'son got me started when he bought me a bird feeder. I've won certifacates from the AudubonSociety for my bird counts. Its easy & I can go out & fill my feeder if I'm up to it otherwise my DD does it. We live in the country,but city folks can do it too. I also do crosswords & " Find-A-Word" plus I read all the time I have 2or3 books going at once. I used to cross stich but my hand is so bad I can barely hold a pencel. God Bless Nona Judy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.