Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help I Can't Stay awake
NawneeSavage posted:
I guess I'm having my first full blown episode I'm having a really hard time seeing sorry about the spelling guys anyone else on Lyrica I can't keep my eyes open and yesterday I fell in the shower I think I passed out and then again when i was doing my makeup it kept happening all day my eyes are weird like near sighted and far sighted at the same time

with all the other problems i just want this to go away I was home alone for most of the day it freaked me out I thought I was going to hurt myself i have a neurologist appt on the 8th that I just keep telling myself that I just have to ake it to that I already went into the ER Sunday for headaches and other stuff before the passing out started and they couldn't find anything on there normal tests

any way I'm rambling I'm wondering if anyone on lyrica got really tired or passed out on the higher dose oh my god I'm just so done if this doctor doesn't help with the passing out the electrocution and the fact that I can't go to the bath room I'm going crazy I swear I feel like I can't feel half my body and what I can feel hurts all the time if there is a hell I think I just found it

Terrie95 responded:
Hi Nawnee:

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I don't take Lyrica, but I know how you feel with being so tired, and passing out. I haven't passed out standing yet, but I can sit on a chair, and go right to sleep. I've done it at work even. I also cannot use the bathroom most of the time. It takes forever, and multiple trips to empty my bladder. It's the worst when it happens in the middle of the night. I get those feelings like electricity is shooting through my head and neck also. I haven't been able to explain this to a doctor and get them to understand it. They just look at me strange, we all know the look.

Going to the ER is a waste of time. They don't want to deal with us, and often treat us like we are wasting their time. They certainly aren't going to help you with any sort of medication to get you through until you get to your neuro appt.

Can you call your neuro and see if you can get in earlier, or if he can help you until your appointment,either with meds, or ways to deal and cope? Or maybe your primary doctor could help?

I agree that most of the time the pain is the worst. I get such bad headaches that can last for weeks, it makes me want to take a gun to my head to get relief. Not to mention the back, leg, shoulders, and hand pain I deal with. I think pain is the most under treated symptom of MS based on my experiences, and what I read on the message boards. For me, the pain is what causes most of my depression. I just don't want to wake up and hurt anymore. So I know what you are going through.

Just vent, scream, and cry on this board. We will hear you, understand you, and hopefully give you information, courage, and strength to keep fighting.

Take care of you

Terrie

NawneeSavage responded:
I would love to see if my neuro can help me earlier but they said this was the earliest appt of course wasn't having these problems them I don't have a diagnoses so i don't think they will give me any other meds so all I'm doing is freaking out my family

I'm so sick of getting asked if I'm OK or getting that look the look of pity I'm having a hard time walking a lot of the times and my friends and family either get the pissed off look or cry I do have a few that think I'm joking around though like I'd want to make up this f%$%ing disease I definety appreciate having this board here it has been a life saver that people respond to me you guys have no idea how much that means to me to have people that understand no questions asked thanks so much

AL0728 responded:
Hi Nawnee,

I take provigil for my fatigue, and it really helps. But there are still times that I just can't keep my eyes open. Only advice I have is nap if you can. I still work full time and can't nap during the day, but have caught myself dozing off at my desk before. I don't think anyone has caught me yet, lol.

AL

NawneeSavage responded:
Ok I will try to nap more often it's hard I already miss out on so much to have just my reading time, computer time and now the time I'm spending with my kids taken up with napping what the heck am I doing all day just sleeping I am 31 this cannot be normal I keep telling myself I'm lazy that must be what this is but my symptoms are getting so much worse I can't keep rationalizing it I've let these doctors convince me that they are right there isn't anything wrong when a 31 year old can't play with her kids I don't work for Christ sake this should be easy I'm hoping this last bout of symptoms will be enough to get them to do something before this s*&*&^t is permanent

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Repair the Myelin Sheath?
I'm no Dr. but this is what I did: The Myelin Sheath is made from 3 fatty acids- Omega 3 & 6 & DHA. There is aproduct called ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.