Skip to content
Cellulitis Experience?
susanshubby posted:
My hubby has had ms since 1991 and is 53....he takes betaseron and is working and does fairly well. I think he has more anxiety and mental memory/concentration type issues than other disability. His right leg and arm and I think his whole right side is numb but he functions very well.... He is in the hospital and has been since Saturday with Cellulitis. It started Wednesday morning after his Tues. night betaseron shot. His belly became very swollen, red, hot.... We do not live close to his neurologist....but we have spoken to his nurse and she advised not taking the beta for probably a couple months after the infection clears up. I know he has a compromised immune system because of the MS but I believe the betaseron compromises it too... Anyone else have experience with this? I've googled a bit and found some people continue to get cellulitis again and again once they've gotten it...is that your experience? Thanks for any knowledge you can pass along. He is getting better with the vancomycin and another antibiotic drip too...but it's slow. He is still hurting and has a few days to go still. susan

justducky65 responded:
YIKeS !!! I am so sorry to hear about your hubby and I am sure that is also stressful for you. I hope someone has more knowledge than I as I am too new to all this. I have had that in my knee from a fall and my mom has had it in the bridge of her nose twice. I do my shots most of the time in my buttox because i get a red welp and itchiness for about 7 days elsewhere. I hope he gets better real soon Make sure to call the neurologist and the Beta Nurse !!! Good Luck Please let us know what you find out about all this & how he is .\\\ Hugs Debi :smile:

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.