Skip to content
Welcome to Our New Multiple Sclerosis Exchange
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
Welcome to your new home in the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Exchange!

I hope you found your way in easily. I know change can be both exciting and hard at the same time, so I?m here to help you navigate around and I?ll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Jump in and start playing around with the functionality. Try posting a discussion and adding a poll. Post a tip and share a resource. Vote on Tips and Resources as well, and see how that works.

If you have questions, and I am not around you can visit the new Welcome Exchange where there will be moderators standing by throughout the next week to help. We?ve also put up some information on our Community Blog that you can check out as you wait for one-on-one feedback.

I can?t wait to see all our familiar faces back in the community and sharing the wonderful support we all know and love here at WebMD.

Your Moderator,
Emma
FirstPrevious12NextLast

An_204699 responded:
remember we have ms.

not sure if i can figure this out.

anyone else having problems or is it just me

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to An_204699's response:
Anon,

Let me know if you have any questions I'll try to help you through the transition as best as I can.

Take care,
Emma

swampster1952 responded:
Hello Emma,

This "new and improved" version is a total cock-up!

Sure, all the new people who stop by won't realize how good the site used to be for our MS community, but for all of us who have been here for a while (10 years for me) you have ruined it!

If it weren't for us you would not have any revenue stream and thus no site! Why oh why have you treated us so poorly? It is us, the long time members of the MS community that have helped to make WebMD what it is!

Gee, thank you so much for your consideration...hah!

Dave

snick440 replied to swampster1952's response:
Agree 100% with you Dave. I've been here 10 years and with each update it's gotten a little worse. This is terrible and I think they're going to lose a lot of us.

they make the board smaller, gray on white give me a break. And all the crap along side bother sides. As I'm typing there is an ad with text moving up. If that doesn't make me dizzy I don't know what does! They are trying to torture us.

Jane

gojude replied to snick440's response:
Emma - have you bothered to read all the complaints that we've posted here or not? If so is it possible to at the very least get black text?
The coding is simple to do and can be done without server downtime.

gojud
soon to be an ex md member if something isn't done to accommodate our visual limitations.

chelylynne replied to gojude's response:
Definitely Emma, please make the font darker and larger. We can figure the rest of it out. But I can't figure it out if I can't read it. Just being able to make my own font larger doesn't help. I need all the discussions that way...I'll adjust to everything else...I promise. lol.

Camilla100 responded:
Yes Emma,

This is totally ruined. I agree with Dave and Jane and the others who've been around longer than me. Iv'e hung out on various WebMD boards since 2001, seen some changes but not as bad as this!

Are the conversations in any kind of chronological order and can one see more of them on a page?

Cheers,

Camilla

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to gojude's response:
goJude,

We are reading each and every post by the members and sending them to the powers that be. As far as the coding being simple I think it depends on the environment and since I don't do any of the IT work I can't speak for what all it would take for them to change the font. However, please know we are hearing you and we are sharing your comments.

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to Camilla100's response:
Camilla,

The threads are in the same order as they were on our past boards, if something is posted in response to a post it moves that post back to the top. If you want to look at the posts in a more similar manner to our past boards, you can click on the discussions link on the left hand side of the page and it should show the threads in a more familiar manner. Unfortunately we can only view 15 posts on each page.

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to swampster1952's response:
Dave,

Please know I am just the messenger I have nothing to do with the changes that WebMD decides to make, however, I think even you can appreciate that we are working to get more experts on the boards, including this one. That at your finger tips now on this board, you can easily see the latest WebMD MS news and a list of MS drug reviews and in that section you (as a member) have the opportunity to review the drugs yourself.

Please know that we do appreciate our members on the MS board. we do understand change is hard. If you have any suggestions on how to make the experience easier, except to go back to the old boards, please feel free to post them up. I will send them up, and while I can't promise anything at least you'll know you have been heard,

Take care,
Emma

Camilla100 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
I appreciate you are just the messenger, Emma and trying your best! Please don't take anything personally.

I do think if you went through all the messages here, you would have an idea of what most of us want: A better, darker font; chronological messages; more messages visible on the same page at a time may be a start.

Again,I think you need to convey people are unhappy, and something needs to be done. There are many (including myself) exploring other boards --- so if we can, lets try and keep people here.

Thanks for listening

Camilla

Camilla100 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ok Thanks. Will try that!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to Camilla100's response:
Camilla,

We have been sending up everyone's comments since we launched on Friday, please know that no change will be done right away, we are still working out the bugs however and hope to get things straightened out very soon.

Take care,
Emma

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Emma

The one thing I really miss is some way of being able to tell if there has being a new thread added to an existing discussion since my last visit

Not mad about the grey font either and I have no vision promblem

Thanks for being our relay person

Rory

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.