Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tingling on different body parts?
SusieT0114 posted:
Now and then I will get a tingling feeling on different body parts. Ex....a part of a cheek on my face, a spot on my arm, just here and there. It doesn't last long. Maybe 30 seconds if that. Almost as if you had stuck your finger in a light socket, but nearly as intense. Does anyone else get this? I have told the neurologist about this. Thanks.

hackwriter responded:
Hi, Susie,

Yes, I get painful little shocks in fingers, shoulders, and legs.
I just figure it's another fun thing about having MS. Thank goodness it doesn't last longer than a few seconds!

Kim

julie112101 responded:
Hi Susie,
I am not able to put my chin down to my chest, if I try I get like an electrical shock down my neck should arms amd fingers. It's called Lhermitte. Every time I go to mu Neuro he has me put my head forward and I tell him I can't and he says oh yeah "the electrical shock" It's one of the wonderful things of MS that we have to live with!!!!

Take Care
Julie In Portland, OR

behap2day replied to julie112101's response:
very common,,,annoying!

lynn

tabbybrn replied to behap2day's response:
I also get the tingles on different parts. And twitches they are very bothersome especially at noght when Im trying to sleep. I also have patches of burning or freezing sensations, mostly on my head. Any one else have this?

IHeartLife replied to tabbybrn's response:
that was how it all started for me. it sucks! i get that on a daily basis, and its most of the day. Lyrica helped

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.