Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Health Care Reform, how does it effect you?
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
For me, having health problems of my own, also having a child with a cleft lip, I am excited about the pre-existing condition clause. I find a lot of benefit to the new Health Care Reform, still some drawbacks to, but I think overall a good start.

What are your thoughts on Health Care Reform? Read our FAQ: How Health Care Reform Will Affect You? Tell me how you think it will be help you? What are some of the concerns you have about the new Health Care Reform?

hackwriter responded:
I'm not sure how this will affect me. As a 52-year-old on soc sec disability, no insurance, and not yet eligible for Medicare, I rely solely on free care through charity clinics and hospital care for the poor programs, as well as patient assistance programs for my expensive drugs. Right now I am not eligible for Medicaid.

If Medicaid accepts me as part of this overhaul, that, I think, will make the biggest impact. I'm not yet clear on what they have in mind for government-subsidized insurance for people like me, who cannot afford to elect the required insurance coverage. If I gain entrance into both Caid and Care with no premium expense, no co-pays, and no deductibles, that would be the only way this would benefit me. Currently, I pay nothing for bloodwork, MRIs, Ty infusions, and doctor visits.

Hope the situation becomes clearer in the near future.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.