Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
To Ed (mbsmiley71)
farside_fan posted:
Hi Ed (and everyone!)

I was reading posts here tonight and trying to get the hang of this new format and I came across a reply you had written to me a MONTH ago on the subject "Where Are You From?"

Sorry it's taken a while to catch up and reply. I used to "hang out" with lots of MS friends on here.....then LIFE took over and took up my spare time of talking with everyone. I apologize profusely!!! (I used to be known as "fire-and-rain" years ago when WebMD made the first major format change.)

Yes, I live in Henderson, TX. Was born here, lived in Africa and South America when I was a child, lived in the Dallas area for a decade, divorced later, then moved BACK to Henderson to (hopefully!) spend the rest of my life here. I've made a full circle over the years.

Henderson is in the same area as Kilgore, Longview, Tyler, Jacksonville, Carthage, and a few more towns. It's the kind of town where most everyone knows everyone else (and their business as well). I love Henderson!

I was dx'ed in 1997 with RRMS and have been on Avonex the whole time with NO exacerbations past the first one I endured for several months. Avonex still kicks my rear at times but I consider it a necessary evil to keep things at bay until a CURE is found. I've never considered changing to another MS drug.

You'll need to let me know who you once knew from Henderson. Chances are, I probably knew him/her at one time. This is a small town (11,000). One friend I used to have in Henderson lives near Snick in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin so it's really a small world afterall, right?

Again, I'm sorry it's taken so long so respond. I'll try to do better. You can always send me a private mail if you want to and we'll compare notes. (bullterrier3@juno.com )

I was in Houston a few years ago for the NHRA races (drag racing).....the NUMBER ONE sport in my life! Go Mopar! I've had the same seats at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, TX for 16 years. Nothing like the smell of nitro in the mornings (and loud burnouts!)

Take care and let me hear from you.

Suzanne

mbsmiley71 responded:
Hey Suzanne

It was good to hear from you. As far as answering a message a month old that is no big deal. I guess I had forgot about the message anyway.

However I was glad to see that you found the message in which I was asking where you are originally from. I am glad to hear that I am talking to another texan. ( nothing personal northerners) I have a small log book that I keep by the computer in order to write down where some of our MSers are located. I think it helps to bring us all a little closer.

I am not quite sure what to think about the new look of our support group. I recently joined this past Dec. So for me this is my first change in format from what I saw when I signed up for web md. The other look just seemed to be a little more intimate. I have enjoyed talking to a lot of the regular posters on the old site. I really hope that our friends don't leave. Even though I know that there are some tech problems with the new site.

I was dx March 27 2006 rrms. My original attack was in my c spine area which has affected mostly my lower body. I started with Copaxone for about 8-9 mos. I ceased using it because of so much pain at the inj sites & I was still experiencing new numbing areas. After that I switched to Betaseron but was concerned about the possible organ damage even though it is supposed to be rare. However I quit this drug also after about the same amount of time. All of a sudden it started experiencing "go to bed" nausea everytime I inj every other day. I was still sick when it was time to inj again. I was still having some relapsing again.

I have been w/o a dmd since this past Feb. I guess you can say I am in denial. It just seems to me if I am going to continue to have relapses while experiencing sickness & pain taking these drugs & it still takes iv steriods to stop the attack I guess I don't get it!

As far as Henderson I had a supervisor retire somewhere around there. He had a house built in the country somewhere out there. He was going to be kinda of a rancher with quite a bit of property as well. The name of this man is Ed Bonnett. I did not think I would ever type that name again. My wife and I passed through Henderson one year on our way to vacation time.

You are racing fan and I am a Houston Astro fan! I love baseball. I have already printed the schedule for this year & I am getting excited just thinking about another season. We have only been to world series one time in which we went 4 and out! Anyway I grew up watching the Astros and going out to the dome when we could. I will have to confess I have never been to a car race in my life. However the way you describe it I think I am missing a good time.

I will close this longwinded message now. I have always enjoyed writing. If you want to contact me off the web please feel free to do so: edcourtney71@yahoo.com

Take Care
Ed/ Houston Tx
PS: I have lived here all my life except during the time I spent in the USAF...........

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.