Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My hand keeps cramping....
SusieT0114 posted:
What do I do? My right hand keeps cramping. Is this normal? It is starting to scare me.

hackwriter responded:
Hi, Susie,

Yep, I've got the hand cramping, too. Muscle spasticity from nerve damage is the cause. To ease it, I spread my fingers out and push back on them with the other hand. This will keep them more limber. You don't want to let your fingers get permanently "curled" inward towards the palm.

If you do a lot of computer work, this can be a big problem. Gotta flex those fingers on a regular basis.

Kim

SusieT0114 replied to hackwriter's response:
Kim,

Thank you for your reply. You have been a great help in calming my nerves and the nerves of others. It seems you and alot of others have a great deal of knowledge/experience to share.

Thank you again,

Susie

Rparnell replied to hackwriter's response:
I have similar issues with one foot in particular, of course in the middle of the night. My husband and I have developed a similar forceful-relaxation that usually works. One time it did not, I was in agony 20 minutes while my foot was twisted un-naturally inward.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.