Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this a tremor?
SusieT0114 posted:
Tonight just after a warm (not hot, not cold) shower as I was drying off my left arm got a strange feeling down it were it felt like a "buzz" or a slight vibrate which kept up for several minutes and my arm, hand and fingers started to shake/twitch a little. This is a first. Is this the start of a tremor or something else?

Thanks and I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

hackwriter responded:
Susie,

Shaking/twitching is a tremor. I get it in my ankle (foot bobbing up and down) and in my hands when I try to blow-dry my hair.

Just one more little surprise this disease likes to spring on us from time to time. MS, the gift that keeps on giving!

Kim

An_204723 responded:
That sounds like just one of the common symptoms of MS. It isn't a tremor, tremors are shaking, especially like when you reach for something and your hand shakes. Or just sitting still and it shakes. The buzzing is very common in MS.

judybird64 responded:
You know, I've found that my hands and even arms shake...it gets worse when I try to perform a task that would normally require holding your hand still. My husband pointed it out to me first; I didn't even feel it. I think I can also relate to that "buzzing" you speak of, Susie. I was told that is an irritated nerve, and the twitches associated with that feeling are also the result of the irritation...supposedly the tremors are more permanent. I also have started having myoclonal seizeures, or spasms, which are large jerking motions of the arms, legs, even torso. Although those are often associated with falling asleep, mine started happening all the time until I was put on 2 anticonvulsant meds. I guess all of which is me trying to say that when it comes to nerves, they can make our bodies move in lots of ways we'd prefer they not. I was told to let my neuro know if anything new starts happening, so you might want to do that if it keeps up - whatever you choose to call them!
Judy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.