Copaxone side effects?
SusieT0114 posted:
I accidentally posted this under a "Tip" and don't know how to change it, so posting it again. Have put in a call to Neuro, but wanted to ask anyways. I always get the "weird side effects of the meds. I have been on Copaxone for 1 1/2 months now. So fairly new at this, and this is my first med. Last Monday night when I injected I felt slightly nauseous. I figured it was just me. Nothing major. Then last night....oh gosh. I don't know if it is just the pain from the injections or what, or that "15 minute" reaction they talk about most people will get at some point in time. I iced my thigh and injected and surely felt that darn needle right away. A few minutes later I started with a shooting pain that would come and go this time part way up my stomach. Very strange. I started to feel a bit nauseated. Probably a bit panicked as well. Then warm all over, more nauseous, warm in the chest, my sons got me a wet wash cloth, turned on the fan (I had been cold before), were fanning me with little fans they made, I felt flushed and ready to vomit which thankfully I didnt. It finally eased, but I was very weak the entire time. I was trying to stay calm the entire time, but afterward was scared as could be. I watched the clock to make sure it wasn't lasting forever as my husband is out of town and was watching via webcam. sigh.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hackwriter responded:
Susie,

Those reactions are listed as possible side effects, but they are uncommon. Good that you called your neuro to report it. You might be advised to stop the injections.

Kim