Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Copaxone side effects?
SusieT0114 posted:
I accidentally posted this under a "Tip" and don't know how to change it, so posting it again. Have put in a call to Neuro, but wanted to ask anyways. I always get the "weird side effects of the meds. I have been on Copaxone for 1 1/2 months now. So fairly new at this, and this is my first med. Last Monday night when I injected I felt slightly nauseous. I figured it was just me. Nothing major. Then last night....oh gosh. I don't know if it is just the pain from the injections or what, or that "15 minute" reaction they talk about most people will get at some point in time. I iced my thigh and injected and surely felt that darn needle right away. A few minutes later I started with a shooting pain that would come and go this time part way up my stomach. Very strange. I started to feel a bit nauseated. Probably a bit panicked as well. Then warm all over, more nauseous, warm in the chest, my sons got me a wet wash cloth, turned on the fan (I had been cold before), were fanning me with little fans they made, I felt flushed and ready to vomit which thankfully I didnt. It finally eased, but I was very weak the entire time. I was trying to stay calm the entire time, but afterward was scared as could be. I watched the clock to make sure it wasn't lasting forever as my husband is out of town and was watching via webcam. sigh.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hackwriter responded:
Susie,

Those reactions are listed as possible side effects, but they are uncommon. Good that you called your neuro to report it. You might be advised to stop the injections.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.