Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DOES M S KILL AND IF SO HOW LONG DO PEOPLE TYPICALLY LIVE WITH IT?
An_204777 posted:
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS M S AND I WANT TO HELP HER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I DON'T NO MUCH ABOUT THE DISEASE BUT READING A BOUT THE SYMPTOMS SEEMS TO BE SCARY....IS THERE A CURE OR WILL THIS DISEASE EVENTALLY TAKE HER LIFE???PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

hackwriter responded:
There is no cure for MS but there are drugs that may slow the progression.

Multiple Sclerosis is not fatal. Your friend could live a normal life span if she remains otherwise healthy.

I would advise you to learn as much as you can about MS by visiting this site's MS disease page or by googling Multiple Sclerosis. There is lots of info out there.

Kim

ddhg63 responded:
What a blessing your are to be so concerned about your friend and trying to learn about MS!! As you'll find, the symptoms are quite varied and the progression is equally varied.

I got the diagnosis in '92 (relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis) and continued working until '97. Though no longer working, I am active in my church, love my husband & dog & faithful friends, love exercisng and baking, for the first time have an adequate excuse for NOT loving cleaning house :o), and generally remain as active as I can.. 18 years afters this diagnosis and I'm still kicking.

Being present with your friend as he/she navigates the waters of this disease is an invaluable comfort. Just listening to him/her vent and offering hugs will be an incredible gift! Bless you!!

almaruth replied to hackwriter's response:
thanks kim i appreciate ur input and i will continue to read about it...

almaruth replied to ddhg63's response:
thank u so much i appreciate ur input, shes 32 and has a 1yr old VERY active daughter and i am just concerned for how that actually work for her...thanks a million!!! and praise GOD for ur 18xxxxxmore yrs to come....GOD BLESS!!!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.