Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RELIV
magickalme posted:
Can we all spell "scam"? Good, cause that is what "reliv" is. Pyramid, multi-level marketing, call it what you will....it is the same old crap of someone making money sellling you something you do not need. NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS, my butt. There is nothing in any of the Reliv products that you cannot get from eating a healthy diet. NO CURES. Same old make a shake, and make someone else rich on your dime.

Each can or bottle of RELIV, depending on what you order, is more than $40.00.

Remember MONAVIE? Same garbage. Different label, look and distributors. PPL who have MS and other chronic illnesses are often so desperate for help, they will do anything, or in these cases, buy anything that promises them help from symptoms.

Please google the whole tamale, and read for yourself how bad this company 's history is with the FDA. And please, keep your $40.00 in your pocket and maybe go out to a nice dinner. You'll get more from that, than you ever will from RELIV.

I am not a big fan of all the political machinations the FDA has behind its history, but this is one of those that make the mark, right off. Fake, fraud, posers, blogged testimonials that tout it as the next fountain of youth....and we all know how that one worked out.

PPL, save your money. RELIV will happily take it, and you will still have the physical problems associated with your MS that you had before....except you will be rid of the extra weight $40.00 would put in your pocket.

Common sense. RELIV that.
flapkat
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Rory26312 responded:
Wow Flap why not tell us what you really feel

Rory

P.S. well said and please people take heed.

swampster1952 responded:
Hello Flapkat,

Well geez...go and let the cat out of the bag!!

And I was making so much money!! Now what am I going to do???

Dave

magickalme replied to swampster1952's response:
I dunno. Donate your tax refunds to Lattes for Losers, so the politicians don't have to worry about paying too much for mild and weak coffee??
Hey, it could work!
flap

magickalme replied to Rory26312's response:
Well haven't I always? I just feel huge animosity towards PPL who take advantage of those who are desperately seeking helpful solutions....and along comes gaga....saying that her feet don't hurt anymore since she cut them off!

We ALL want to believe the next big breakthrough will be THE miracle.

Last time I read about an alleged miracle, a star rose in the sky.....(like that's never happened before, either!)
flap

suzyq1133 replied to magickalme's response:
I am so glad I am reading this. I get calls all of the time from a Reliv sales person and she always has someone on the phone with a chronic disease making me feel bad that I am not using their product and that is why I am not getting better. People have gotten out of wheel chairs and started running again after taking this product according to them. I would love to feel better but I don't know if Reliv is going to do it?

An_204822 replied to suzyq1133's response:
I got those calls from a "friend" too. You name it, they claim their product will help if not cure it, and I mean anything and everything form mouth sores to cancer. They have stories for everything. Really?!? If the claims were true we would have heard of this product years ago. Yep, it's been out there but MLM takes a while to spread. Does your sales friend push it because they just want to help you and the rest of the world get better? Ask why it isn't sold in stores so the mass market can get ahold of the product. More sales, lower cost, right? Well - the Company can't use inexpensive MLM if they sell in stores. Keep in mind that in addition to sales tax you'll pay shipping charges... The first post was absolutely on target - relax, take a Flintstones vitamin and stop worrying about whether or not you should spend your money on this nutritional supplement.

TechMike responded:
An interesting load of uninformed innuendo.

I, too looked at Reliv, but with an open mind. The only FDA notices were in 1998 and 2001, requesting clarification whether they were drugs or not. Since no other letters or charges have been presented, I assume the FDA was satisfied with the response, and the claim is repeated only to disparage the company. Reliv is clear their products are not drugs or cure diseases, but only claim to strengthen the body's cellular functioning with a patented nutritional blend. Several of the products have clinical studies of effectiveness.

I don't have debilitating diseases, but I was taking daily pharmaceuticals and restricting my lifestyle. Reliv worked for me and the cost is offset by the prescriptions I don't take.

I couldn't eat myself healthy, but adding Reliv helped improve my life, unlike all the pressed-pill vitamins and the single-source juices I tried.

Your post is even less credible because - until the energy drink was announced in early 2011 - nothing Reliv sold for internal consumption came in a bottle.

(By the way, I work in Corporate America, where the organizational structure looks like a pyramid and the guys on top make money off the efforts of those of us 'down-line.')

swampster1952 replied to TechMike's response:
Hello all,

Gee, just in time...our very own testimonial to the miracle of Reliv! Oh yippee, yippee I say!

Okay then TechMike, you go right ahead and take the stuff. If it makes you feel good then why not, eh?

(personally, eating Frog Swirl Ice Cream makes me feel better)

Dave

Barb429 replied to swampster1952's response:
Hey, Swampie!!

Didn't I hear that Frog Swirl will make your toes twirl?

Ya think if I try some I'll be able to Pirouette? (But then, I never, ever did before -- would pro'ly wind up sprawled upon the floor.)

INBarb

magickalme replied to Barb429's response:
Hi Swamp and InBarb...its the old flapkat. Back again, if I can get the PW right. I am on FB, did not know there is a special "port" for the old group. Please tell me I can still come and play. Alone, adrift and screwed up, as usual.
BREATHE...
so you know its really me.
flap

magickalme replied to swampster1952's response:
OOPS. your ignorance is showing. If you know nothing of MS, why the hell are you posting about a product that is essentially, crap?
Get a clue.
flapkat

magickalme replied to magickalme's response:
that last was directed to tech mike and his open mind. Innuendo? If you have extra money to spend on crap, go right ahead. but if you are not dealing with a debilitating, progressive and incurable condition, shut the heck up. sorry swampster, if it went to your post. You know I love my frogswirl....I made raspberry- it was wonderful....almost, but not quite, as effective as a good shot of JACK.
BREATHE...
flapkat

magickalme replied to TechMike's response:
oh big deal. get a clue and do some authentic research. FDA has had nothing but complaints about reliv, monavie and other hype-brands. THERE IS NO MIRACLE CURE FOR MS.
And you must remember, with your fine testimonial, what happens when one assumes.....
flapkat

magickalme replied to Barb429's response:
I can dance, swing, jive, and fall down, all without the help of dietary supplements....in my dreams.
love all you normals out there.
BREATHE...
flapkat

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.