Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Copaxone side affects???
socmilit posted:
Does anyone have the same problem as me?? I started the copaxone at the end of June, and ever since then my period has been late. It is now going on 4 months since my period, and I know for a fact that I am not pregnant. Is these one side affect from the copaxone, even though it said that the only side affect is redness, and itching around the injection site, I don't know if it's normal. I spoke with my gyno and went in for my regular "female" exams, and everything is fine, and my gyno said it must be the copaxone. Anyone experience the same thing?? Any information will do. Thank you, God bless.

holly1416 responded:
I've been on Copaxone since last October and no such luck. It has had absolutely no affect on my periods.

LadeeEmpress responded:
Wow..no I have been on it since August only so I am not really sure. Honestly, that wouldn't be so bad as long as I know I am not pregnant..

Jesuslover01 responded:
I have been on Copaxone for 10 years now with great results. So very happy and grateful for this drug.
I have never had any side affects with this drug other than the itching and redness around the injection site. A few times a year I do have the extreme flush feeling right after injection, but it goes away within a few minutes. Blessings to you.

cowgirl777 responded:
I have not had that particular problem, but I have had many adverse side effects with copaxone. My Doc says I am the one in a million. Got to where I could hardly walk and it especially affected my throat. I could feel my vocal cords tighten and pretty soon I couldn't talk. Hope they get this figured out for you. Copaxone is not the cheapest therapy.

emilymeredith replied to cowgirl777's response:
I know there is a clinical research study going on right now
for an investigational drug that is taken as a pill (instead of
injections). The study is called the "DreaMS study" (stands
for Drug Research Evaluation for Multiple Sclerosis). The website
for it is http://bit.ly/cuShlj . Just so you know, the
company I work for developed the website and is helping the
pharmaceutical sponsor get the word out about the trial.

I hope everyone had a good holiday!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.