Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
back pain and ms
pinkjen posted:
I have rrms and have also had a lower back fusion almost two yrs ago. I have been suffering in pain since april am seeing pain mgmt dr who gave me 3 injections(facet joint, epidural) but no relief, did 3mos of therapy and wore a brace for awhile, still nothing. mri showed inflammation and arthritis but no herniated disc now i'm wondering if the pain is related to my ms. does anyone else suffer from lower back pain- i am currently on fmla from work because i can't even tolerate standing for more than 15 min! If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know:)

AuntyTess responded:
Hi Pinkjen,

I have almost exactly the same (apart from the fusion). I have had a diagnostic test for the epidural and I go in at the end of November doctor to freeze the nerves to the joint. I will let you know how I get on.

Just to inform you my MS Doctor told me the pain wasn't due to the MS and the Spine Doctor told me the pain was the MS!!!!!

Tess

pinkjen replied to AuntyTess's response:
Don't you love how drs are on the same page!? I see my neurosurgeon tomorrow about my mri so we'll see what he says. I'll let you know. Did they say how long your nerves will stay frozen ? Let me know how it works out! Good Luck!

biolamom responded:
Hi pinkjen,

I have ppms as I have not had a lower back fusion I have been suffering with lower back pain for 3 years or so. Went thru lots of diagnostic tests and they epidural and the facet joint nerve block, but to no avail. Then in oct. 2009 I was diagnosed with PPMS, at least I have a diagnosis but no relief from the constant back pain, I am using a cane and walker most of the time now. I to can not stand, walk or sit for any length of time, very painful and frustrating. Hopefully your Dr. can come up with a miraculous suggestion, if he does let me know. Good Luck in the future. Stay strong.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.