Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Leg vibrating feeling inside?
4inform posted:
Hello! I was diagnosed with Lupus around 6 years ago. I was diagnosed with Behcet's Disease about a year ago. For years now very sporadically I will wake during the night feeling like the insides of my body are vibrating, but it doesn't happen very often. For about 2 weeks now my left lower leg feels like it is vibrating inside, it happens throughout the day and night. I can't feel it vibrating on the outside when I place my hand on it. When it's bad it will do it for hours about every 10 to 5 seconds and vibrate for 2 or 3 seconds. It drives me crazy! One night it woke me vibrating continuously for about an hour. My internist examined me and is suspicious of MS. My sensory perception is decreased about 30% in that lower leg. She is doing some other testing. Has anyone ever experienced this and what was the diagnoses/treatment?

regslady responded:
I don't know if this is exactly the same sensation, but for the past few weeks I've gotten the feeling of popcorn popping in my head and inside one of my arms.

My neurologist feels this is tied in to all of my other symptoms. He hasn't officially diagnosed me, but right now MS is on the top of his possibilities list.

4inform replied to regslady's response:
Thanks, ragslady!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.