Hospital Visit
sophiejune posted:
Went to the ER with chest pain and ended up being admitted for tests. All tests normal but of course still have pain and fatigue. Cardiologist says he believes it is MS related. I was diagnosed in 1998 with MS and have had few issues but never anything like this.

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Sophie

My very fist MS symptom about fourteen years ago was chest pain . I had all the usual chest and heart tests done all clear and it went away on it's own.

Fast forward six years and I was in hospital having seisures in my legs and the chest pain reappeared a lot of the same tests again all clear.

Two sets of MRI's later and MS was diagnosed and on here I found out about the MS hug.

It is a sensation between a vice and a hug around the upper torso that is caused by an active liasion on the thorasic spine that effects a nerve cluster in the torso . The function of this cluster us to read chest pain and so the confusion begins.

Mine is mostly controlled by a combination of baclofen and neurotin but it doesn't work for everyone.

If you but "MS hug" into the search this community box on the top right of this pageyou will find previos discussions we have had on the topic.

Hope you are feeling better

Rory

P.S. let your neuro know allthough some of them say it doesn't exist

sophiejune replied to Rory26312's response:
Thanks Rory,
I will let my neuro knoe..I kind of figured it was the hug...never had it before though. I take 40 mg of baclofen a day at the moment for leg spasms.. they may need to increase it..Don't know what my neuro will do I see her on the 8th.

kshah0512 responded:
I also went to the ER maybe 5 yrs ago with chest pain. I was diag in 2000. All my test were normal. The dr said it was transient pain from the MS. Still it is very scary. Thought I was having a heart attack. Are you taking anything for the fatigue and pain. I take Provigil for fatigue and Vicotin for pain. Would not be able to get through the day without the Provigil. Vicotin I only take when I absolutely have to.

Good luck

sophiejune replied to kshah0512's response:
No I am not taking anything for pain. I went back to the doctor yesterday because I wasn't feeling much better and I know that when I have an infection that is what sets off flares... I don't show normals signs when I have an infection. He did some tests and low and behold I have a sinus infection. I am now on antibiotics and feeling somewhat better already. My blood pressure is finally back to normal. Oh I do take 40mg of baclofen a day for spasms in my legs. And 50mg of Topamax to help keep my migraines under control.