Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
My symptoms don't fit in a particular category.
Lapoppis posted:
I was diagnosed eight years ago with lupus, fibro and sjogrens. But my symptoms don't fit into one category or another. Could I have been wrongly diagnosed? How can I be sure? After I was told I had the above disabilities no other tests have ever been performed to confirm them. At theend of my rope with so many meds and none do the job. Can anyone help?

kshah0512 responded:
My brother was diag. with systemic lupus 30yrs ago. and fibromyalga 2yrs ago. I was diag with MS 11yrs ago. My brother does not get any relief from his meds either. I have often told my brother that I thought he should be tested for MS. Many of his symptoms mirror my own. Both lupus and MS are autoimmune diseases which I find interesting that both of us have an autoimmune disease. I know that when I was being diag. the drs. ruled out lupus first. Since it was 8 yrs ago that you were diag. I would talk to your neuro. about further testing. What harm could it do and perhaps you would at least get meds that help.

Good Luck

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
If you're comfortable with the diagnosis of lupus, Sjogren's and fibromyalgia, it would be worthwhile getting another opinion from a rheumatologist.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.