Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    Attn: Dr. Lava
    An_204911 posted:
    I have many symptoms of MS have had three MRI and the last two showed lesions, one on my brainstem. My neuro did a multitude of blood work with two abnormalities. I test positive to an autoimmune disease being present and positive to the Factor5 blood test. My dr has put me on a blood thinner and wants to repeat the MRI in three months to see if the lesions have stopped, if so he will diagnose me with the blood disorder saying that I am having pinpoint blood clots causing mini strokes and the lesions if I have more lesions then he says I have MS. He gave me meds to help with the nerve pain and the burning and so far it has helped to a point but it is now tolerable. Does this sound as a normal protocol to you. Thanks for your time.

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Anon_146182,

I wanted to let you know that Dr. Lava is generally in our community on Fridays. However, I'll send your post to him incase he has a few minutes that he could stop in to answer your questions. In the mean time, I hope some of the other members who are very educated in the world of MS can jump in to help you a bit.

Good luck!
    Emma

readyfordx replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Thank you, I really appreciate your prompt reply.

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
    From what your are telling me, it sounds as if your neurologist is doing the right thing. He needs to make sure that he is treating the right prolblem.

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

Tips for Getting Through Cold & Flu SeasonExpert
    The weather is finally cooling down which brings most of us great relief, however flu season is right around the corner! I just wanted to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.