Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Cinnamon Pills
Lovett24 posted:
Having a heck of a time with no sex drive at all. Only 37 years old. On Tysabri and MS is pretty well under control at this time. My mom gave me some cinnamon pills for my blood sugar, and wow, they seemed to work to awaken my sex drive. Is this normal? Is it harmful to be on cinnamon pills having MS?

roberlyn responded:
that's an interesting piece of info ... i don't know the answer on whether it's dangerous. hopefully one of the MDs can weigh in on that!

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
I do not know of any reason why you couldn't take the cinnamon pills.

KatePS responded:
Hey I have some cinnamon pills but I see the Doc said he sees no reason not to take them...so my husband struggles with blood sugar and my question is did they have any beneficial effect on your blood sugar? How much and how often do you take them?
Thanks!
;)

Lovett24 replied to KatePS's response:
Two pills in the morning with breakfast. I have only taken them a couple of times, but my mother is taking them for her blood sugar. She had read they can be beneficial for MS inflamation, so she gave me some to try.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.