Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recently diagnosed... Looking for support
Chelchel27 posted:
Well I was diagnosed with MS on 11/5/10! I havent had too many issues... Numbness in my toes, fatigue, memory loss....what seems to be the normal with MS. But I don't know anyone else personally that has MS, so a lot of the time I feel like I'm in the dark! And since MS is different for everyone I don't know what to really expect, I try and stay positive and keep my stress levels down because I know that's important. I started on Copaxone and like the fact that there aren't a lot of side effects! Any info, help, suggestions or stories will be greatly appreciated! Just trying to find people to talk to that understand me! Shell

GraceAnne80; responded:
Hi Shell,

Welcome, and happy that you found the group!

I'm so thrilled to hear that you haven't had many issues. I, too, first had symptoms of numbness and fatigue that lead to my Dx in 2007 and am happy to report that aside from a few flare ups, that is really all I've experienced. I take my Betaseron religiously and watch my stress levels, but otherwise haven't done too much differently over the past years.

My first neuro told me I shouldn't run anymore and wanted me to live life very cautiously. The best advice I've got is to listen to your body, but don't hold back too much. I ran my first half marathon last year and will be running a couple more this year.

Again, welcome and I hope the Copaxone continues to work for you. I've also had luck with accupuncture for pain/numbness, so that is another option to potentially explore when the time is right!

Best,

GraceAnne

mmthlvr responded:
Welcome, there are a lot of great people here. I was dx in June of '10 & I am also on Copaxone. I've had no problems with it either.

I live in a small town, under 5k & I was surprised to find out there are quite a few people who also have MS. If your not afraid to talk about it, you will find friends who know someone who has it. Tell them to give them your phone number & have them give you a call. I have some new friends & someone to talk to & can totally relate to what your going through.
Hugs,
Tammy

Nancy04232004 responded:
Welcome to the MS community. Not only on this on-line discussion group, but having the the condition as well.

My suggestion is for you to learn as much as you can about MS. Use this website: Webmed as a starter for information. Also, join your local chapter of the National MS Society. Both of these sources have a wealth of information and materials you need to understand what MS is all about.

I recommend this to everyone on this discussion group to do this, especially if you are newly diagnosed. The more you know of MS, the less fear you will have. Yes, MS is a serious condition and it is to be viewed with respect, but it does not have to be the foreboding subject like it used to be viewed years ago.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.