Skip to content
MS and your emotions
Nancy04232004 posted:
To all of you out there in this MS community, whether newly diagnosed or those who have had MS for awhile:

After seeing your posts covering different physical aspects of the condition, how has having MS affected your emotions regarding difficulties you may have experienced in your employment; relationships to others (marriage, family and friends); recreation (what we do with our spare time); and other areas that MS touched in our lives? Also, last of all, what would be your personal feelings that you have toward having this condition? The reason why I post this is because I have struggled with my emotions off and on over the years toward my having MS. Even though my MS is currently stable; it still affects my life emotionally in all the areas that I mentioned above. So, what about all of you? How have you handled these emotions toward having MS?

Best regards,

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.