Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does stress trigger symptom?
lovesweinerdogs posted:
Hi all! If any of you are watching the news, you are probably aware that central and north/east Oklahoma has been hit by multiple tornados.

I work at a residential school and have been monitoring the weather conditions for about 7 hours now. Not only are we responsible for a lot of children, we all have relatives in various parts of the state, so of course we are worried about them as well.

There are two of us here that have MS or suspect MS. My friend has developed atrial fibrillation and, due to the worry and stress of this wild weather event, her heart if fluttering quite a bit this evening. She wants to know if she should be watching for a flare.

Thanks for your support and prayers!

Dawn

hackwriter responded:
Dawn,

Stress can trigger flares or pseudo-flares. But we all have stress quite often without any ill effects. Your friend's a-fib sounds like more of a concern than MS.

Hope you all stay safe--and well away from windows.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.