Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's Up Wednesday - What is your favorite summer food?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Last weeks topic went over like a lead balloon, so let's see how this week goes -

What is your favorite summer food? Watermelons, summer squashes, berries, cherries, stuff on the grill....

I love blueberries, in and on everything, cereals, salads, yogurt, cobbler (just made one last night). They are even a side dish at our house.

And, after reading this, Cherry-Red Relief , I am adding cherries to my love list.

Looking forward to hearing your favorites,
Elizabeth

hackwriter responded:
Fresh fruit of all kinds and, of course, McDonald's iced mocha. Gotta have an iced coffee drink.

Kim

lovesweinerdogs responded:
Oh, for me it would have to be bright red tomatoes, smoked chicken and cantelope! Eaten, of course, on the deck watching the fireflies and listening to the whipporwill!

Great question, Elizabeth!

Dawn

nogreaterjoy2002 responded:
I love fresh tomatos. Right off the vine!! Oh yum!! And any fresh foods that contribute to a killer salad!! but it all has to be inseason and fresh!
God bless
Deb

swampster1952 responded:
Elizabeth,

Who cares about this sort of intrusion? I do ! What does this have to do with us and our MS and how it make us feel?

This reads like something you might find on My Favorite Recipes.com ...

No wonder it went over like a lead balloon last the time you tried it!

Dave

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to swampster1952's response:
Hi Swampster,

I am sorry you feel this way. Not meant to be an intrusion at all.

Being part of a community is not only talking about and lending support for your medical diagnosis and complications, but also getting to know others in ways that have nothing to do with a diagnosis.

I hope others want a community that encompasses many facets or aspects of their lives.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

An_204953 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I dont have MS, (although it is a possibility right now), but I think threads like this are great. It shows that people care and want to look beyond their illness/disease to who the person truly is.

readyfordx responded:
Watermelon, cantalope, strawberries and these types of food are good for you. I love to grill. I think you are right, we need to have a positive mind-changing conversation every once in awhile, not always about our struggles with MS.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for the time you spend with us.

Judy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.