Skip to content
What's Up Wednesday - The HEAT!!!!!!!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
How are you guys handling this horrible heat?

I just returned from running errands in town, the temp shown in my car was 108! As we were leaving the paved city and getting back to the shady country roads it cooled down to only 99!

This article discusses the impact of hotter temps on memory -
Hot Weather Worsens Memory in MS Patients
  • Have you found this to be true?
  • What is the temp where you are?
  • What tips do you have for others to manage your symptoms during the summer?
Elizabeth

jgustin1966 responded:
know what you mean..last week it was over 100 here.
i had to stay home from work because the heat isnt my friend.
stay cool....jenn

swampster1952 responded:
Dear Lizzy,

What hot weather? We are having sunny blue skies, a few brilliant white clouds, blooming flowers galore and lots of forest fires!

Typical day time temperatures are in the low to mid-70's with night time temps in the mid-50's to low 60's. Keep in mind that it doesn't get dark at "night" here in the summer time.

lovesweinerdogs responded:
1) Yes
2) 99-108
3) If I absolutely have to go out in the heat, I wear a large hat and long sleeves because of the sun. I also have a container with some ice and a couple of rags. When I get too hot, I dig a rag out of the ice and wipe myself down with the icy water and sit in the shade for a few minutes. A large glass of iced tea and some good company go a long way toward helping handle the heat!

Dawn

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to swampster1952's response:
I am jealous!

Minus the forest fires (we are experiencing the same) sounds like my kinda weather! I wouldn't even mind no real nighttime. Love that it says light here in FL until about 8:40 p.m. this time of year.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Jenn & Dawn - Do you have or know anyone with a cooling vest?

Someone mentioned them to me the other day and I had not heard of them.

Stay Cool,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
As I read through the community - You may have seen this discussion talking about vests!

Best climates for MS

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.