Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost health insurance
joyceannw posted:
After 36 years as a nurse our hospital just canceled our health insurance. Well actually they just changed our deductible to $10,000!!!
How do I find private insurance with a history of MS. Is there anything afforadable out there?

hackwriter responded:
Are you eligible for Medicare?

joyceannw replied to hackwriter's response:
No. Not for 9 more years.

An_204963 responded:
I feel for ya...Now it's just a Question of if you are going to be one of the lucky few that fall in between the cracks of the medical care system...I know how hard that is in finding an insurance company that will cover you with a pre existing condition...Sorry for being so blunt..but this happens to most of us....

Nancy04232004 replied to An_204963's response:
Here is my take on insurance, who also has MS. Very frustrating to not be able to get private insurance on my own. Tried this and got denials because MS is a pre-existing condition. Had to exercise my HIPPA rights after finding out the company that I got COBRA insurance through, went out of business. Now I have insurance, but with a high premium. All of us with MS, do not have much choice for insurance due to our condition. We have to take what we can get. I recommend for you to go with whatever insurance your job offers, it definitely better than nothing. Take care.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.