Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this for Real
An_204964 posted:
I found a site that says this guy is the first person in the world to have a Patten on a cure for M.S. @ M.S. Cures.com Has anyone heard of this or even checked this out?

Take the Poll

Is this guy just running a train to make money from people who have M.S.
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

hackwriter responded:
Can you say "scam?" Think about it, anon. Everybody eats hydrogenated oils--but only 1% of the US population develops MS.

And, the guy wants you to send $34.95 to get the diet/vitamin plan. There are lots of sites with free advice about vitamins, supplements, and special anti-inflammatory diets.

Don't fall for it.

Kim

Rory26312 responded:
Hi

Kim pretty much says what I was thinking . The hard truth is that there is no cure for MS so, anyone claiming to have one is on some sort of misguided effort to help us at best or just an outright scam. The people who want money up front are not to be trusted.

Rory

An_204965 responded:
I had a guy send me this,Still don't know why?
FACT No 1 Medical experts have been saying for years now, that the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are caused by deterioration of the myelin sheath around the nerves of the central nervous system but one thing that is certain about this, is that it is impossible for the myelin sheath to deteriorate in a matter of hours, then return to a normal healthy state, in a matter of hours. On the other hand, in many cases, MS patients have reported that their symptoms have become very severe in a matter of hours, and after sleeping for a few hours, in some cases, their symptoms can reduce or even go away completely. Common sense tells us that due to this factor, MS symptoms could not possibly be caused by degeneration of the myelin sheath. Also, if the symptoms of MS were incurable, there is no way they would "ever" go away to the extent that a patient would experience remission, temporary or otherwise!
FACT No 2
My next fact is that, "tremors are tremors, all with the same causes no matter who experiences them" and tremors are experienced by MS patients as well as Parkinson's patients so how can medical experts say that tremors are caused by myelin deterioration in MS, yet they are caused by atrophy of the substantial Nitra in Parkinson's disease? That totally lacks common-sense. In my observations I have discovered that tremors can be caused by a number of factors starting with cervical misalignments and or, calcification spurs pushing against the nerves that operate the muscles of the area experiencing tremors. Just as missing meals and not eating for an extended time, can cause any healthy person to eventually tremor, inability to digest and absorb nutrient in PD and MS patients can also cause or contribute to tremors and shaking. Fear is also a contributing factor. Just as lack of oxygen causes tremors and shaking in accident victims suffering from shock, so too can lack of oxygen due to the fears and stress of life, cause or contribute to tremors, as well as that familiar "inner shaking" that Parkinson and MS patients experience.
FACT No 3 There are many medical journals that have documented that MS is just an advanced response to stress, and that stress interferes with the ability to achieve the deep healing stage of R.E.M. sleep which fatigues the nervous system to cause the symptoms of MS. Medical doctors should be taught to pass this information on to patients so they can work to rectify these problems in their life, but they are told instead, that it is not known what causes MS.
"The Journal of Advances in Psychosomatic Medicine" 1985, volume 13, pages 26 to 48) FACT No 4
Here is one medical report out of several, which document, that what I am saying about skeletal problems at the cervical spine and excess neck muscle tensions being the cause of MS, has been proven to be the cause, by medical researcher's worldwide. This medical journal explains how the symptoms of Parkinson's disease, Multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's can all be caused by vertebral misalignment, muscular swelling in the neck, or degeneration at the C6 or C7 vertebra in the neck, which reduces blood and oxygen to the brain, face and arms, to cause the numbness, tingling and tremors associated with these disorders.
Panminerva Medical Journal, March 2002, vol 44, book 1, pages 47-59.
FACT No 5
For many years now, medical leaders have tried to suppress the advantages of chiropractic but due to the advent of the internet, the truth about how helpful regular chiropractic can be, in the efforts to overcome symptoms of autoimmune disease, is being revealed. The success of talk show host Montel Williams in overcoming the majority of his MS symptoms through chiropractic, has given greater credence to chiropractic in MS, in recent years, however I do not support his endorsement of marijuana for MS.
"Journal Of Vertebral Subluxation Research - 2001 - 2002, book 4, pages 22 to 30"

hackwriter replied to An_204965's response:
The writer of this abstract clearly has an agenda--and cites no controlled studies with a large enough sample to mean anything. Also, claiming that the medical establishment refuses to acknowledge the benefits of chiropractic is one red flag that this is the work of a demagogue.

On a personal note, I have undergone subluxation, saw a chiropractor three times a week for several years. Chiropractic did not help me.

These claims that a stressed, oxygen-starved spinal cord is responsible for symptoms of neurological disease sound familiar--they are somewhat resonant of the CCSVI theory. I bear no prejudice against this theory, I just want them to prove it in a clinically significant fashion with large studies.

So, that's the point with which I will end. Prove it!

Kim

mmthlvr replied to hackwriter's response:
If one more person tells me vitamins/diet cures MS I'm going to scream. One lady was telling me her son, after going through a detox & following a specific diet, his MS was gone. Maybe they missed the part about MS going into remission.

I have a friend who sees a Dr who treats it as allergies & with his treatments it's gone. How I wish it was this simple, imagine a cure for under $50.
Tammy

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.