Skip to content
Liver failure
lovesweinerdogs posted:
Hi to all-it's been awhile since I've posted so I hope you're all doing okay. I have an appt. with my primary on Wednesday and really need some emotional support.

This is the new primary who has already diagnosed PTSD and anxiety and attributes most of my symptoms to this. From the things I've read on WebMD and friends who have medical training, it seems like I have the signs of liver failure. I know most of these symptoms can also be caused by other things, but due to the combination of drugs I've been on for about 5 years to control pain, muscle spasms and neuropathic pain, I'm really afraid.

I am going to see if my mom will go with me. I've not told her about a lot of the health problems I have because she is trying to take care of my dad who has Alzheimers and Parkinsons. One brother is mentally ill so we have to take care of his finances. So I hesitate to drag her down even more with my health issues, but I'm so mentally out of it now I need help to see to it that my doctor takes some action pretty quick.

I am in so much pain lately, inside and out, that I'm having trouble staying motivated to go on. I know I can't be the only one who has felt this way so I'm reaching out to you all. It's so easy to slide back down into depression but you all bouy me up when I read your stories.

Thank you for listening. Dawn in Oklahoma

hackwriter responded:
Hi, Dawn,

Sorry to hear you've been in the pits. I hope your mom will accompany you to the doc appt., it does help to have moral support when we're ragged around the edges.

When our motivation ebbs, sometimes the simple act of seeking help can remind us that we're the type to keep pushing until something changes for the better. That's our job, what we owe ourselves and our loved ones.

Please give us an update and let us know what the doc recommends, if he/she orders tests and med changes, and how you feel about it.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.