Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
BOWEL PROBLEMS
Anon_146995 posted:
Has anyone else had bowel problems? If you have what has worked for you? I can only go if I use a laxative. Gues it is called Neuro Bowel.

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
Sometimes 2 glasses of warm water with breakfast along with using a stool softner may help. Of course bran and roughage is important.
You should discuss this problem with your physician for other ideas.

patblake responded:
I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS last year. I am 66 years old. I have had bowel problems most of my adult life. I am now going through the same as you. I try to avoid laxatives. I use softeners 2 times a day, drink lots of water. Try to stay on a good diet of whole wheats, grains, and green veggies. But still have to "help" my system along with glycerine suppusitories. Not fun, but works for me. But I have never heard of Neuro Bowel. I will ask my MS Doctor about this. And do some research on my own. Thanks.

duchessmom replied to patblake's response:
Try "Smooth Move" tea -- available in grocery stores and health food stores, it really works. (It's just a teabag, you make it like a regular cup of tea.)

I struggled with this for a loooong time, and the thing that helped long-term were bran capsules. I forget the brand, but ask at any big pharmacy (like CVS) or health food store or vitamin supplier (try Google) -- I just took one or two a day every day, and it solved my problem.

Good luck!

sweet9363 responded:
Flax seed oil pills works good for me I take 2 a day natual and keep you going...

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.