just found out i have ms
been on coxpaone for the past month
i am so tired all the time why?
how do i know coxpaone is working?
im still working but i had to go from 40 hours to 10 to 16 hours a week
due to having a real hard time standing and walking and being tired
im running out of money/ i think i need to go on ssi or ssd
i have worked all my life im now 53
my paper work from ss says if i can no longer work i might get $1300 a month will i get that? is it hard to get? does it take along time to get?

Neil S Lava, MD responded:
You need to talk with your neurologist about your fatigue. There are medications that can be used for patients who have fatigue with her multiple sclerosis.
We usually repeat the brain MRI 6 months after starting therapy. By that time we can tell whether the medication is being effective. This is based on symptoms and MRI findings.

Getting disability can be a long and very frustrating process. You might call the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and talk with him about disability. They can give you more insights into this process.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.