Skip to content
ms symptom issue
rafe11 posted:
usually every few weeks or so i will spend the day feeling very "disconnected" is the only way i can best describe it, it includes light-headed moments of slight dizzyness and a "heavy" feeling which sounds like depression, but i can still function for the most part. usually get really fatigued as the day wears on, but that "disconnected" feeling, like i'm floating thru the day, persists. is there anything specifically linked to ms issues accompanying this feeling?

hackwriter responded:
Rafe,

Yes, it's a feature of MS. I've experienced very long periods of time with constant dizziness and a sensation of my head being submerged in Jell-O, followed by a remission of dizziness but sudden short bouts of it if I step inside a cooled house directly out of the heat during the summer, or the reverse in winter. It can come on suddenly late in the evening when I'm really tired, too.

Just another fun ride at the MS amusement park!

Kim

rafe11 replied to hackwriter's response:
thank you!
typically, temp has nothing to do with, but thankfully this has stayed an occasional "event"...and just making it clear that this "MS amusement park" rider...stop the ride! i want to get off!!!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Fatigue
Has anyone ever included bee pollen with their diet? I also take niacin. Bee pollen seems to have help me with the fatigue factor along ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.