Skip to content
My back pain
freckles1963 posted:
Hi there does anyone else have upper back pain from their MS? I have had MS for 5 years and never had this happen...

jodi3868 responded:
HI Freckles,

Yes, I have had this problem on and off for a while. I get it right under my scapula...and always on the right side. Sometimes taking a muscle relaxer helps, but not very much. I lie on top of a tennis ball and it relieves the pain for a while anyway. I am sorry I don't have a cure for you, but, it should pass in a few days.

Feel better!

TotallyDisgusted1 responded:
Yes, I have also had this problem and in the same place under the scapula on the right side and now on the left side with weakness in the whole upper back.

When this is around I have my wife work that area, it hurts so bad some times the only thing I can compare it to is a really bad tooth ache and then it's gone for a while but always returns, weeks or months later.

Try stretching that area as best as you can and take muuscle relaxers.

Hope this helps you.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Tip for hives
My daughter suffers with hives, they have never found out what causes her hives either. We thought since I was recently diagnosed that ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.