Skip to content
ringing sound in my head
ireneliz posted:
ringing sound for at least a week now in my head why? how come?
i was told last year that i have ms
does anyone else have this going on with ms?

Rory26312 responded:
Hi Irene

Most neuros will tell you that this has nothing to do with MS but several people on here have reported this over the years. The bad news is that there does not seem to much that can be done about it,but maybe someone else can help out.

Rory

ireneliz responded:
thanks if you hear from others that have the same problem send them my way
irene
south of Boston,Ma.

readyfordx replied to ireneliz's response:
I have had a ringing (sounds kind of like crickets) sound in my ears for over one year nonstop. I have had my ears examined, tested for meniere's disease and the only thing that showed up was that I have a minimal hearing loss of high pitch sounds which I don't even realize.

I have pretty much gotten so used to the sound that the only time I really notice it is when it is very quiet and still. sometimes, it is louder than others (when I do not feel good I notice it more). I have been told that ms patients experience this but I have not actually been diagnosed with MS yet but I know that I what I have.

Good luck to you..I know it is annoying.

Judy

Graceonline responded:
Hi Irene

I reply as you wrote inviting reply from any other who may have experienced ringing in the ears.

My experience of the ringing in the ears has been more so when I have had nystagmus. I was also doing a lot of swimming at these times and never really thought much of its origin.

There is not any doubt it is annoying, so hopefully all is well again by the time you read this posting. I am not aware of it being symptomotology of MS, but I am also not a medico.

On a lighter side, are you familiar with the lyrics "I hear those church bells ringing, will you marry me" by any chance?

If you are than you may appreciate this. I also mean no offence by the under.

A good mate of mine was worried about proposing to his fiancee and said he kept hearing church bells playing in his head. When he finally plucked up the courage to propose guess what his fiancee said? She said she had been hearing church bells ringing in her ears for weeks.

You are not about to be proposed to by any chance?

Take care

Grace

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Help Our Community & Experts Help You - Please Read
Welcome to the WebMD Multiple Sclerosis Community! Please don't respond to this discussion. Instead, please read before you start your ... More
Was this Helpful?
106 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.