Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Controversial News - Canadian patients to U.S. for "liberation" trial
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
I noticed this news report and wanted to pass along -

Saskatchewan MS Patients to U.S. for "Liberation" Trial

Of interest, Saskatchewan, population of slightly more than one million, has an estimated 3,500 residents with MS. Canada's rate of MS is among the highest in the world.

Of controversy, the trial. Perhaps this large, expensive study/trial will answer the CCSVI controversy.

Elizabeth

Graceonline responded:
Dear Elizabeth

As I understand it will be costing 2.2 million and their will be 86 subjects (half being placebo). One would certainly hope it will yield some results!

Do you ever get the feeling that regardless of the illness or disease, it is always a little like a lottery when it comes to advances in therapies/treatment?

Regards

Grace

Graceonline replied to Graceonline's response:
correction - potentially 5 million!

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.