Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Posting Problems?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi Members -

I wanted to check in and see if I can help out with any posting problems you have been experiencing.

I noticed a couple of discussions mentioning problems and if there is an underlying glitch or problem brewing I can forward on to our engineers.

FYI - I also pulled a few discussions calling for Dr. Lava's opinion and emailed them to him. I didn't want them getting lost or scrolling off the page. He usually checks in and volunteers his time on Fridays.

Let me know if I can help,
Elizabeth

hackwriter responded:
Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for forwarding patient questions to Dr. Lava. Although he often checks in on Fridays, sometimes he's unavailable and things get lost in the shuffle or patients give up and don't come back. Having two directors of MS Clinics as experts means less available time they have to come here. We do appreciate their input--and I wish we had more MS experts who could pop in more regularly. An MS nurse practitioner, perhaps?

My own issues with being able to post after the new format was in place have resolved mysteriously, I can now make a new post. It took about a year, and when I communicated my issue to your tech staff, they pretty much said it must be a problem with my computer, and that was that.

Thanks for your post, I hope it helps others with their issues.

Kim

Graceonline responded:
Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for your posting.

I stand guilty of experiencing problems as I assume you have already read by the wording of your post inviting this feedback.

I have not made a new posting yet, though if I do I will let you know if I experience the same difficulties as previous.

What would be good to gain clarification on is when you reply to a posting, from a reply I read somewhere, it indicated this should then be bumped to the top of the list again. Make sense?

If this is the case, I do not feel this works very well, well actually I don't think is working at all????

As per one of Kim's comments, if I was not determined in nature, I would have not have persisted after experiencing the difficulties I did. I also notice after I did persevere, there were more postings coming forward for the attention of Dr Lava. I wonder if monitoring of this is worthwhile to support identification of additional experts coming on board who may be willing to give of their time. They would not necessarily need to be ms neurologists surely.

Sorry Kim, I don't mean to just be agreeing with everything you have put forward. Though you raise some valid points that I would like to add my support to.

I also liked the other day where it read Pay it Forward. This is what I have tried to do and had just done on the day the Pay it Forward appeared. It made me giggle.

I think this ties in beautifully with those who wish to self help information that can be linked to the page of this forum (Elizabeth, as per my other reply today).

Well I don't wish you to be thinking I am becoming intoxicated by the exuberance of my own verbosity so ciao ciao.

Thankful Regards

Grace

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Graceonline's response:
Hi Grace - Thanks so much! Love your persistence and intoxication!

See my response to hackwriter and look for an update to the Announcement Area and I will also create a post to help our experts and members recognize posts that may warrant or ask for expert response.

Regarding your reply question - The discussions with new replies should always be bumped to the top of the page. I have though noticed some lag time this week (up to a couple of minutes) for new discussions and responses to post. Ugg!

Also, make sure you are clicked into "Home" on the left side of the page. "What's Happening Now" should appear in green at the center of your page. This shows the most recent discussions and replies.

If you have clicked into "Discussions", the page is organized by original discussion date vs reply date.

Hope this is helpful and thank you so much for your support and advice to this community!!!

Elizabeth

Graceonline replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dear Elizabeth

Thanks for your reply and update.

I have just checked and I do not have the 'Whats Happening Now' appearing on the top of my screen.

I must be on the 'Discussion' page when I link to the site and log in. This explains a few things. ooops

Hopefully my intoxication does not motivate people to leave this forum!

I will read through your reply to hackwriter.

Thanks for actioning other suggestions so promptly.

Thankful Regards

Grace

Graceonline replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dear Elizabeth

I have this morning I think caught up on all you and hackwriter have suggested.

I have also posted you with some further thoughts - though have posted these under your discussion titled managing MS - 'we have listened'.

Thanks again for encouraging posters to post with thoughts and suggestions!

Appreciated.

Regards

Grace

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.